Set across a serene landscape, our 11,000 square foot facility offers all the amenities of a modern funeral home. In addition, the Charter Memorial Scatter Garden provides a beautiful setting for families.
Charter Funeral Home makes its upmost concern to respect each family’s wishes during difficult times. Whether choosing a burial or cremation, we strive to personalize our services to your family’s needs. Your wishes will be addressed and maintained throughout the process.
On matters of faith, religious belief and custom we recommend that you seek advice from your clergy and family. Even within religious denominations each congregation may have different beliefs and customs. This is a very personal decision and we are not trying to influence your choice. Our duty as professionals is to honor and respect the services that are chosen by the families we serve. Whether your choice be burial or cremation it is our duty to provide our services with the courtesy, respect and care that we would require and expect in our own time of loss and grief.
Select one of the options below to learn more about how we plan to respect your wishes and those of your family.
In addition to the more traditional funeral service with burial, Charter Funeral Home offers complete cremation services. We perform our own cremations using the most modern and environmentally safe equipment available; the Power Pak II manufactured by Industrial Equipment and Engineering, the industry leader in cremation equipment. We offer everything from direct cremation to cremation with complete funeral service and inurnment in our own memorial garden and the most complete selection of cremation memorial urns and other merchandise available in the state. Charter Funeral Home owns and operates the first cremation society in Alabama, Charter Cremation Society. We are the state’s leading experts on cremation, which means we can provide the most complete range of services and merchandise available to the public. Our philosophy is that the public should have the services they desire whether it be burial or cremation.
The choices our customers have are:
• A complete funeral service and visitation prior to cremation
• Cremation with a memorial service at our facility or grounds
• Direct Cremation Services
Charter Funeral Home and Crematory offers a wide variety of merchandise for cremation services. We offer many types of wood, cultured marble and metal urns.
Charter Cremation Society
Click here to learn how to become a member of the Charter Cremation Society.
Charter Funeral Home is a full service funeral home that offers a wide range of options during your time of need. The funeral service can often provide a sense of closure for family and friends of the deceased. The ceremony can be formal or informal, and is dictated by religion and/or the family’s personal wishes. Charter offers the following services:
• Visitation (Wake, Viewing) – A service taking place the night before or the day of the funeral. Friends and acquaintances pay their respects and offer condolences to the family. The option for an open or closed casket is available.
• Memorial or Tribute Service – A gathering of friends and family to pay tribute the recently deceased. The casket or urn usually is not present for this service, but it does offer those affected to celebrate the life of your loved one.
• Graveside Service – Taking place at the grave itself, the graveside service gives family and friends one last time to offer words and final remarks to the deceased. This service is unique to each family and can be personalized to honor the wishes of the recently departed.
In addition to these funeral services, we also provide the following:
• The transfer of remains to the funeral home
• Basic services of the funeral director and staff
• Dressing and casketing
• Casket coach
• Flower van/utility vehicle